Jaguar Land Rover has announced that it will hire around 300 apprentices in the UK in 2023 as the company continues to expand its talent pool as part of its transition to an electrified future.
The hiring drive means that more than 800 people will join Jaguar Land Rover’s early careers programmes in 2023, a 55 per cent increase on last year’s figure and a new record intake for the company. Applications for Jaguar Land Rover’s early-career roles open in January, with around 300 apprenticeship places adding to the available undergraduate and graduate positions.
Places are available across engineering, manufacturing, software engineering, data, logistics and product development, with all successful applicants enrolled onto courses in autonomous driving, electrification and more. The programme includes flagship degree apprenticeship programmes in digital technology and engineering for students pursuing careers in software engineering, data engineering and analytics or cyber security. Apprenticeships at Jaguar Land Rover range from Level 3 to Level 7 and typically require five GCSEs at Level 5 or above, as well as at least two A-Levels, including maths at Grade B or above.
Jaguar Land Rover already has one of the largest apprenticeship populations in the UK automotive sector, with around 1,200 apprentices currently in training across the Jaguar Land Rover Academy. Through its academy, the company invests approximately £20million each year in lifelong learning and development. It was named in the Top 100 Apprenticeships Employers 2022, a national league table that recognises England’s leading apprenticeship employers.
The announcement follows the September launch of the company’s Future Skills Programme, a global upskilling drive to train 29,000 people in the next three years for its connected and data capabilities, and to support the rapid transition to electrification.
‘We’re extremely proud of our record in supporting early careers, and our place as a top employer for apprentices,’ said Dave Williams, Jaguar Land Rover’s executive director of human resources. ‘Anyone joining Jaguar Land Rover will be part of company fully invested in lifelong learning and development. Our vision is to become the proud creators of modern luxury. We welcome people who are passionate about contributing to that successful transformation.’
‘I love the opportunities that come with carrying out an apprenticeship and, since starting, I have been given a lot of responsibility,’ said Parris Small, a software engineering degree apprentice at Jaguar Land Rover. ‘It’s also incredibly rewarding. Spending around 80 per cent of my time in Jaguar Land Rover’s electric vehicle charging team, I can see how what I do directly relates to the company’s target of becoming carbon net zero by 2039 – all while I am still studying for a degree for the remaining 20 per cent.’
Candidates can find out more about Jaguar Land Rover’s apprenticeship places here.